Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I went to Boone yesterday to see the professor that is filling out my rec form and he said that he will def be done with the form by Friday. The other rec form has already been sent in; Emil at High Country Amigos had a bit of trouble in sending it but it is sent and received. Thank goodness for the instantness of the Internet. I mailed my App State transcript to the Peace Corps office in DC and should be there in a couple of days. It is took ENTIRELY too long to get all the application in, I sent the first part of the application in all the way back in the winter....

I hope to be nominated in about a month. I do worry that I might not be accepted into the program but I hope that is just me worrying. I am really really hoping that I will be sent to a country in Eastern Europe, or at least somewhere that gets cold sometimes. Here is a list of the countries that I would be happy to go to:
Ukraine
Moldova
Romania
Bulgaria
Macedonia
Albania
Georgia (Republic of)
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyz Republic
Mongolia

I would be quite okay if I was sent to Africa or any other warm place in the world but I am hoping to get sent to a place that speaks either Russian or some place in Eastern Europe so that I can get into development work with an NGO in the area.
We will see...

Later y'all

No comments: