Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shhh

So I might have found out where I will be going to in the Peace Corps. I found a discussion group on Yahoo! that deals with what the trials and tribulations of applying to the program can be like. I posted a message asking where typically does the Peace Corps send ppl going to Eastern Europe/Central Asia go to. The next day I got an answer. In the past, the Peace Corps has sent future volunteers to.............

Bulgaria!

I am definitely fine with this choice. The majority of the populace speaks Bulgarian, a Cyrillic language that I can at least read, and the rest mainly speaks Turkish. I would be happy learning either. If I was in a Turkish speaking area, it would be really cool to learn the language and then go to Turkey, especially Istanbul, and work in international development there.

All of this is just wishful thinking on my part. I will officially not know where I will be going until after I finish medical clearance, which could take a fairly long time and I might not leave in April.


We will see.

No comments: