Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Closer to the goal...

I have finally sent in all the materials for the Peace Corps (exccept for a financial form that I am going to fax to Robyn, my recruiter tomorrow. Luckly mom decided to start paying off my student loans. :)

Here is the transcript of the email that Robyn sent me:

I have listed two assignments below that I think will be a good fit for you.
Please look these over and let me know which one you are most interested.
Once I hear back from you and receive the student loan form I will be able
to put the nomination through for you and move you along on the process.

1. Secondary Education English Teaching - E. Europe - departs March 2006 -
will be involved with teaching and teacher training; must be comfortable
working in rural, unstructured environment (there is only one spot left for
this assignment so please let me know ASAP if you are interested in this
one.

2. Secondary Education English Teaching - E. Europe - departs April 2006 -
volunteers teach English at the secondary level.

I am leaning toward to the second option due to the fact that I think I would be out of my depth in doing teacher training although I would be down for living in a rural setting and I would DEF be down for leaving in March but oh well. April will be good.

The good news is that Robyn said in the email, "Once I hear back from you and receive the student loan form I will be able
to put the nomination through for you and move you along on the process." I am pretty sure that means that I will get a nomination soon and that means that I will get the medical forms soon.

I can't wait to get out of here. Now while I love Ashe County, the beauty of the land and the hospitality of the ppl here, this is all that I have ever known. All that being said, now that a date has been tentatively set, I am already worrying about what I need to get done in the 5 or 6 months that I have left here. I guess all that needs to be done will be done.

Ok that all for now

Lata

No comments: