Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Weather!

We have had out first snow! The weather has finally entered what we would consider "average" for this time of year. I am glad due to the fact that I get way too hot and even sweat when I am just sitting, which sucks. The weather site that I constantly check for this area is http://raysweather.com/. This is run by a professor at App State who, in my opinion, does the best for the mountain micrococms that we have in this area.

This weekend I spent all of it sleeping on a air mattress at by friend John's house. Adam and I went over to Boone on Friday night to have a little fun and games. Mabe wanted to suprise Adam with a visit up here so she and I colluded together so that she could suprise Adam here but it really didn't work since she really cannot lie and he figured it out. We had some tasty food at Dos Amigos (yum) and drank some Dos Equis (yum). We met Mabe and proceded to go out to our favorite hippie bar in Boone, Cafe Portofino. All I have to say is that drunk foozeball is one of my fav games of all time.

The next day we all had plans to go shoot some guns and all that good stuff but the weather wasn't going to have it. We all got ready to walk out the door when the rain started to come down. So instead we kinda piddled (is that a word?) around, got some pumpkins (I wanted to shoot them but other people had other ideas), and proceded to have a night in. We had some good drinks (thanks Mabe), watched the remake of The Amityville Horror (it is hard to see the guy who played Van Wilder in that type of role), and watched some television until we went to bed.

Sunday, a glorious day! The sky was blue and the sun warm. We introduced Mabe to Cici's Pizza (yum) and finally got to shoot. Kindal offered to have us up at her family's land in the northern part of Watauga Co. Shooting skeet (haha) is walys fun and I can be pretty good at it at times. After a fun afternoon of that, we decided to go see the movie Stay. I am still puzzled at the meaning of the movie and will postpone my judgement call on it. Afterwards had some good grub at the Library and finally made the trip back to good ol' Ashe. I was dead tired and went to bed at 10:30. Haha!

Today, I got up early to take my mom to the hospital. She had a out-patient sugery to remove a polyp from her colon. All is well and we were back here at 11ish. I decided to take a nap due to the fact that I rarely get up at 7 these days and had a bit of a headache. I was up later that afternoon so another fun chore which I will not mention but I had to get it to the lab within an hour, which I did and since I have been back, it has been tv/internet/conversation with mom.

I will be glad when my medical kit gets here. I hear that I takes a while to get all of the forms filled out and the sooner that I get that in, the sooner I get my final invitation into the Peace Corps.

Ok that is all for now

No comments: