Saturday, July 22, 2006

Less Than A Week to Go...

As the heading says, my time here in Ploieşti is just about up. I have had a good time here, learned a good amount of limba romana, and made some great friends that will last the rest of my life but in many ways, I am glad it is time to move on. While life in Ciacova will be much, much slower than many of my peers in larger towns, I am looking forward to trying to integrate into the community and meeting all kinds of new people.

On Monday, we all start taking a test that allows the PC to gauge our retention of Romanian. It is basically a conversation with someone who is trained to make this judge about many normal things; like our favorite movie and what it is about, what is our daily routine, et cetera. We had a trial run at this last week and I scored Intermediate Low, which isn't all that bad considering I have been here for just over two months but I think I could move up to Intermediate High. We will see.

And last but not least, on Friday, we all have our Swearing-In. All of our gazda families are coming and then after that, we all have rented out the 2nd floor of a local restaurant that we have just found and party it up. The next day, we all have to be packed and hit the open road or in my case, the train to Timişoara and then the school car to Ciacova.

Ok. As soon as I get my new address and the school's address in Ciacova, I will be sure to let you all know so that you can all send me the glories to the great West.

For now, ciao!

No comments: