Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ciacova

After many trials and tribulations, I have finally found out where in Romania I am to be placed. I will be in the sleepy village of Ciacova. It is located in the most westerly portion of Romania, an area called Banat. Ciacova has a population of 5000 ppl and one high school, which I will be teaching at. At first, I was kinda stunned because I wanted to be in a place that gets cooler weather and some kind of mountains but that was not to be. Ciacova is in the Hungarian Plain and that means it is flat as a pancake. Oh well. Luckily, just to the north of Ciacova lies the city of Timişoara. I hear it is a great city to go to and there is a ton to do there. I am glad that I know how to handle small town life because I have a feeling I will have a lot of free time there. There isn't a Wikipedia article, yet, about Ciacova so I can't give you a link on there to learn about my future home but there is a link on there about the county I will in. Judeţ Timiş One other good thing is that since I will be living in a small town, my Romanian language skills will be forced to improve. Also, I am really near the capitals of Serbia and Hungary so I am definitely going take advantage of that.

Ok that is all for today. Tomorrow we start our Counterpart Conference where we will meet the person that we will have the most dealings with over the next couple of years. In the case of TEFL, my counterpart will be the other English teacher in the school. I am jealous of many of the other volunteers that got great places but my place might turn out to be pretty cool.

Te pup bitches

Lord Bennett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy Lord Bennett!
I'm glad to hear life is good for you my friend. Sucks you're not in the mountains but I'm sure you'll have some great adventures regardless.
Boone is still Boone-ish. The only news I can think to tell you is that there's a public skatepark near the intramural fields now. I'd love to hit it up with my bmx bike but it's always packed full of prepubescents, so I don't bother. A dog park opened too. Exciting news eh? Try to contain yourself and don't let the excitement distract you from your duties in Romania.
Godspeed.
-Sims

Anonymous said...

Post your address as soon as you get it :) I miss you! Good luck with your new job!

Meg