Tuesday, February 28, 2006

the days keep on coming

Buna seara

Temperatures is rising finally. There are the tale-tell signs of spring all around; the trees are budding and the easter lilies are poking their heads out of the ground. I love this time of year! The colors are at their most intense and I love being outside after being couped in all winter.

My car likes to play tricks on me. I thought that the battery might be bad: nope. I thought the starter needed to be replaced: negative. It turns out that the battery cable had a short in it and just needed to be replaced and the garage charged only $10 to fix it. Rock on!!

I printed out the form for the "no-fee" passport today. I have to send in the materials soon so that the DOS can process the passport in time.

On Saturday, I saw off two friends that are volunteering in the Peace Corps program in Morocco. I think they are in the public health program there. I am very excited for them and will miss Hattie and LB.

I've been going over Romanian lately. I have found a program on the net where I can hear Romanian words spoken and what they look like. I really want to learn the language quickly when I arrive so that I can assimilate into the culture as fast as I can.

Ciau

2 comments:

Fenblog said...

Hey Chris,

I'm a TEFL volunteer, Romania 20 and found your blog. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you or help out in any way before you leave. My blog is: www.sfenwick.blogspot.com

Regards,
Scott Fenwick
PC RO Group 20
Piatra Neamt

Fenblog said...

Oh yeah, and my e-mail is:

rsfenwick@yahoo.com