Thursday, August 11, 2005

Here We Go...

As I sit in a coffeeshop currently without electricity, I have started a great service that I give to the rest of the world, i.e. this blog. I, Chris Bennett, am currently living with my parents after graduating from grad school, not technically but I will get to that in a minute, from Appalachian State University. Currently, I am in the process of applying to the Peace Corps. I hope to teach English to students in Eastern Europe, maybe, hopefully, in Ukraine, Romania, or Bulgaria. I took 3 semesters of Russian so I have, at least, a basic understanding. I can at least sound out words. Woohoo!

Living with the parents is very different after spending seven odd years living away from home. I quite enjoy the fact that I do not have to pay rent or pay for food but, lets just say the constraints of being under my parents wings are not exactly to my liking. Oh well...

The electricity has came back on!

My sis is coming back home this weekend and we all are going huckleberry picking at a place called Mt. Rogers or officially Virginia Highlands State Park up in VA. It is always fun as our whole extended family who is living in Ashe goes. I promise to take pics to show you flatlanders who have never seen or heard of a huckleberry before.

Here is a pic of my home




Ok that is all from my first foray into the wilds of blogland. More to come and more pics of where I live too

Chris

No comments: