Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Life

Life is good.

Seriously, life is good.

Last week my gazda family and I went into the mountains to a town called Buşteni. The place is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We went by car since Rodica was going with a friend of the family to a city in western Romania called Timişoara. Christie, Gena, and I hiked for a while on this road until we reached a restuarant type place. We ate breakfast and then I was told to go hike on the mountain. One note on trails here in Romania. There has not been introduced the idea of a switch back in trail maintainance. Therefore the first part of the trail was a 40 degree slope and it took me a while to get where I was going. Even so, it was beautiful and I got many great pics from the experience.

I came back down and we went to start the barbeque. As you can see from the pictures, we basically set up on the side of a logging road and used one of the tree stumps as a table. It was great. The only bad thing that I experienced there was the amount of trash that ppl throw into the streams or on the sides of the trail. Luckily, most of the younger generation do not litter like the older ones so there is hope for the future.

We took the train back from Buşteni to Ploieşti. We rode on the tren personal of which I have few words of praise so I will be silent on the matter.

Truely, life is good.

1 comment:

trixie said...

Chris, now that I'm not medically qualified for the PC, I'm going to have to have the experience through you! I look forward to reading your blog. I can't wait to read about your experiences.
theresa