Friday, May 05, 2006

The ground rules

Buna ziua, fellow bloggers and blogettes. As this is probably the last time that I will post before the grand adventure, I wish to inform you in how this little blog of mine will work.

First of all, The opinions expressed herein are not representative of those of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps and should not be interpreted as such. (the legal portion of today's entertainment)

Secondly, I will keep it tame for the little boys and girls out there (if you want details about all the juicy stuff, send me an email).

Thirdly, if you don't like what I post here, well I don't really care.

Fourth, I will post as many pictures as I can on here but check out my Flickr site for more pics and also see my family for pictures there too since I will be mailing my family discs and discs of photos.

Ok. Now for some information.

My email address ionntag@gmail.com

Training address until August 2006:

Christopher Bennett
Peace Corps/Romania
Str. Negustori, NR. 16
Sector 2, Bucharest
Romania

I will announce my site address when I find out where my site will be.

Training city: Ploieşti, Ţara Românească.

Start of Peace Corps service: May 15, 2006
End of Peace Corps service: August 2008

Phone calls: For those select few that I talk to in real life, feel relieved that there are plenty of ways that you can speak to me. The first will be that of the land-line of my host family. It is free (for us in Romania) to receive calls from the States. The second way that you will be able to get in contact with is a cell phone. Thats right kids, everyone from the eldest bunica to the youngest toddler in Romania has a cell phone these days and I am almost positive that I will have one as well. The thrid option that I have in my disposal is that of VoIP. For those with a computer, an internet connection, a microphone, and a little program called Skype, you will be able to call me for free on your computer. The best way, I think, to get in touch with me is send me an email telling what time you want to talk and I will get in touch. The numbers to dial me will be forthcoming.

Packages: During my PST time in Ploieşti, I cannot receive any packages. I can only receive letters. The reason for this is that the people at Peace Corps headquarters can't be dealing with packages coming in all the time and getting them to us at our training sites. Rest assured, when I am placed at my permanent teaching site, I expect each and every one of you to send all kinds of American delights, books, and magazines.

So I would think you might be interested in what my itinerary will be. I fly from Charlotte, NC to Philadelphia, PA, on Monday, May 15, getting there around 11ish. I will be there for a couple of days doing what is called Staging, which is basically orientation and getting to know the other PSTs. We then board a bus to JFK airport in NYC to board a flight. We fly from there to Frankfurt, Germany on United Airlines. After a very short layover in Frankfurt, we then board a Lufthanasa (sp?) flight to Otopeni In't Airport in Burcharest, Romania where the adventure will begin!

I will miss you all and please, please keep in touch with me. I am sure my sanity will be needing it.

La revedere,

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be careful! we'll miss you, and we'll send pictures of the baby since you won't be here to see it! by the time you get back it'll be toddlering. wow! that's crazy! have fun!!