Sunday, December 18, 2005

winter time update

Well, this morning I got some good news. The PC has received the packet. The website says that they are reviewing the medical and dental portions. From what I have read, this process can take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. I hope it is the couple of weeks choice.

At the same time that I was working on my packet, the Peace Corps required me to do another thing. Since Mom decided to take on paying off my college loans until I come back, I had to assure the PC that this was actually happening. At first, all they told me to do is have mom write on a piece of paper that they was taking over the loan, have it stamped by a notary, and fax it to the PC. Haha, knowing that this was a federal bureaucracy should have alerted to me that this wasn't the end of it. A little later, I got an email saying that Mom needed to write the letter again, have it notarized and then MAIL it to the PC. Well , I did that at the same time as the medical packet, and today my Toolkit says that there are no legal holds on my application status. w00T!!

Ok, what else is happening?? I am bored to death of living at home. Here on Little Horse Creek, I am so remote from even the least little fun thing to do. There is no where to go out to and nothing to do even in the largest hamlet here, West Jefferson. I know I will miss home when I am gone, but as of right now, I can't wait to leave.

Since winter has unofficially begun here, we have been hit by a plague of mice. It has truely been crazy. Over the past month, our mouse-traps in the little hallway connected to the basement has caught 17 mice and 1 shrew lol. I think it is because there are entrances in the basement that they can get into to escape the cold and find food and then they decide to nibble the cheese to their ultimate demise. Who knows how many more we will catch??

Ok that is all of my thoughts. I am glad that there are people out there reading this, I can tell from using Google Analytics.

Peace

No comments: